The wide availability of information will affect the world in
a positive way. In the classroom, teachers have directed students to do
research themselves. Now that we all have the internet on our mobile phone, we
can search an answer as fast as we want, or even just ask Siri. This makes it very convenient for people to
find any answer they need as soon as possible. Google helps with situations
like this a lot. At this point in life, I don’t know what I would even do without
Google. This may not be a good thing for
the younger generation because instead of finding out answers themselves in
school while they are suppose to be learning, they just Google it. I know if I had
this availability of Internet access when I was young, I think that I
would just end up using Google for everything instead of finding the answer
myself.
I think using the Internet is just a different way to do research. I know that when I am doing research for a blog post, I often spend several hours reading through materials to use. These resources might not even be available at my local library, so in some ways, there is a benefit to using the Internet's resources.
ReplyDeleteI still use my local library, and suprisingly there are students there. There are still reading groups for children. There are bookclubs for all ages - and the one for teenagers is well attended.